Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Who's the mama?

It's the little things that keep me grounded. I come home after a day's work, and my son is so excited to see me he's nearly crying...and I reach for him...and he grabs my keys...my KEYS!! Yes! Mama brought home the keys! And I get my lovin' from him...keys in hand. Nothing against my keys -- they are nice...

Love it.
We have our special time before dad gets home, and lil man walks all over the place bringing me little boy treasures, calling me 'Mama Mama Mama' (melting my heart!) while he hands me a shoe, a puzzle piece, the empty milk bottle.

Then we see the garage door open and dad's home! And he goes running to the door (more like wobbling quickly) and the door opens and he calls to dad 'Mama Mama Mama'! And it still melts my heart. I've convinced myself what he's really saying to his dad is "I love you, too, just like I love my MAMA MAMA MAMA!!" I'm sure that's it.

1 comment:

  1. The keys part cracked me up the most, I can totally see that happening.

    ReplyDelete