Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm a mama.

I'm a 34 year old woman/wife/sister/daughter/niece/in-law/cousin/friend/ninja-in-my-mind with an MBA and a black belt, and somehow I've managed in the past year to become an all-encompassed mama. That's my identity now. I am the mother of a boy who didn't exist 2 years ago...and I have no idea what I was doing with my time before he arrived. Somehow I filled it...I must have had hobbies I don't remember. It's kind of a funny rule -- give someone (OK, me) any amount of time or space and I can fill it up. I could live in a 10,000 square foot house and still need a bigger basement.

I briefly considered not posting my picture so I could remain somewhat anonymous to talk about things and people without being judged in my "real" life. And I say "somewhat" because it really isn't possible to remain completely downlow. Not when you have a 15 year old stepson who's pretty much figured out how to hack into NASA and doesn't think it's any big deal...easy peasy.

So this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment