Friday, June 12, 2009

Chucks

It's finally a beautiful day (Mr. Sunshine has been winning a months-long game of hide-and-seek here) so I took a walk at lunch...and got sucked into a clothing store. The store's claim is that they are a "Lifestyle Shop for Moms". Supercute, right? Well. I'm pretty sure these women aren't moms. And they may not even have had moms. Case and point -- I walked up to the sale rack (because I always walk up to the sale rack)...started browsing...found a cuteish t-shirt top...DISCOUNT PRICED AT $75! OK. Maybe it was mispriced. I looked further...and found that I had actually spotted the best deal on my first try.

So. A Lifestyle Shop for Moms, eh? Really. Are these the moms who spend the morning in their jammies and only ever try to get dressed after leaving the house...say in the front yard? Or the moms with the kids that don't spill, eat with their fingers, use markers, or share pre-chewed yummies? I know lots of moms. And not a single one would pay $75 for a t-shirt (and I really do mean t-shirt -- I'm not exaggerating) since chances are nearly 100% that the shirt will end up with lots of 'love' on it...in the form of syrup and mud.

Let me take a gander at my outfit today...sweater from Old Navy...jeans complete with a very fun Target belt...and my favorite purple Chucks.


That's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment