Monday, August 2, 2010

Snuggle Puppy

Tom and I were getting dinner ready this weekend and he had the book Snuggle Puppy running through his head (it's a GREAT book by Sandra Boynton...one of my all time favorite authors). There's a fun song in the book, so of course I started singing it (I know many of the Boynton books by heart).
The first time I heard this book sung aloud was by my friend Leah. She gave me the book as a gift very early on in my John pregnancy. She presented it to me over lunch, at a restaurant, where she not only gave me the book but proceeded to sing it aloud to me...because that is how the book should be read. I loved it. She didn't care that we were in public. All she cared about was that I needed to hear the book properly, so I could get excited about singing it to my lil snuggle puppy when he was born.

At the time, Leah was the mama of one (Noah). Now she has 4 children, and I have 2. Amazing to think back to that first Snuggle Puppy recital, knowing now what an incredible, giving mother she is, and that she'd still sing Snuggle Puppy to me. Although now it may be interrupted by some diaper changes.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh memories. Thanks for bring up this good one on a day when I was in need of something good to think about :)

    ReplyDelete