Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blondie

I know there is a very limited time in which I will have control over what John wears and how he looks. And it's slipping away already. He's pretty much mastered the neck-bridge wrestling move (learned that name from his dada) which makes getting him into and out of clothes very challenging. (To see what I mean check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vg5T4vkew and imagine trying to get jammies onto a 20-month-old contorting in this manner).

And I figure if he's dressed, we're good. So when he pulled out the monkey pants from his Halloween costume and wanted to wear them, I was fine with it -- they're warm, he's getting to express his monkey-self, and why not?

So, while I still have my limited control over my boy's appearance, I think he's going to grow out his hair. We just went to get it cut a week ago (at a great place with Elmo videos, bubbles, balloons, lollipops, and prizes!), and I must say that the longer, floppy hair is preferred by the mama.

Here he is with his new shorter hair:

And with the longer, floppy hair (and a guacy face):
He even looks happier in the floppy-haired photo, don't you think? Maybe I like the longer hair because he was such a baldy for the 1st year of his life and I like the contrast.
Or maybe it's because he looks more like his mama with the blond locks. Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. I think he looks happier with the longer hair! His inner rock star definitely comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, seriously, he is so darn cute either way!!!!

    ReplyDelete