Monday, January 21, 2013

Realignment

I am so proud of myself.  My toilet has been running for days.  (insert joke here...)  I diagnosed the problem was the flapper thing in the tank wasn't aligned right to close correctly.  My initial solution was to open the tank and re-align it with each flush.  This solution was not ideal, but it worked.

However, yesterday the flapper stopped allowing the realignment.  My next solution was to turn off the water to the toilet and place a hand towel on my closed toilet seat to remind myself and warn all others not to use the toilet.  That solution worked for a night, and caused John some anxiety (what if he just forget and moved the towel?  what would happen?)

This morning I was determined to figure out how to fix this silly problem myself.  Here's the culprit:


I assessed.  I examined.  I jiggled and analyzed.  And then I found the problem...me...all by myself.  I fixed the toilet.  

I am taking the estimated $100 I just saved by not calling a plumber and getting a massage.  I need a bit of realignment as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment