Monday, July 20, 2009

Diapers, please.

Will someone please improve diapers? Seriously. The diaper companies know they've trapped us. There's really no good solution. And those suckers just don't work well.

When John was a bity baby, inevitably every day he'd poop up his backside. EVERYDAY. And often it was multiple times a day. Come on. And once his poop leaked out of the leg of his diaper and ended up INSIDE MY SHORTS. It's been years since I had poop in my pants, and there I was with someone else's poop in my pants (luckily I'd given birth to him, so it actually wasn't that gross...). And yes, we were putting the diaper on correctly. And no, he didn't poop more than the average baby (but he did spit up more than the average geyser).

And now, still, every morning, he wakes up with wet jammies. What a sad way to exit dreamland! This weekend he was SOAKED. Sheet and bedding included. And he wears what claim to be "overnight" diapers. I checked with 3 parents and all 3 said their kids have the same problem. So that means the diapers have a customer satisfaction rating of 0%. But we're all still using them since there's not an option.

At least John's a happy guy in the morning, after we get the wet clothes off of him. I got him into a clean diaper and t-shirt and he said "I'm ready!" which means time to go downstairs (no pants required!).

But he was in his "Born to Rock" shirt, so he had to wear a headband (which Tom puts up with...and I think secretly likes...).

6 comments:

  1. Hey - I've been following your blog! Are you letting John drink a lot right before he goes to bed? I read somewhere that you should start to cut back on how much they drink before going to bed especially as they start to reach potty training age. I don't usually offer Maggie anything after dinner unless she asks for it. Just a thought. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to try that...limit the bedtime milk. Maybe that way a gallon of milk will last us longer than 2 days, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will LOVE g diaper!! Best night time, 10+ hour diaper I've ever used!!!! I'm so in love that I can't bring myself not to share. I really, really, really think you will love them....plus they are or might be better for the environment but of course this is always up for discussion.

    John is SO cute...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the headband...where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure Johnny Rotten wore a head band from a very young age... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you use Huggies? Pampers suck.

    ReplyDelete